Tom McDonald & Associates offer a complete professional service to the forestry sector in relation to the Sale & Valuation of Forestry Lots.
Tom McDonald has been involved in a number of forest valuation booklets over the years. The most recent is the 'Valuation of Woodlands and Forests', 2023.
Tom McDonald is one of the Authors of 'A Guide to the Valuation of Commercial Forest Plantations' in Ireland .
He is also one of the primary organizers and individuals in the collation and production of 'The Irish Forestry Land Market' published by the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland.
We offer For Sale by Private Treaty or Public Auction on a regular basis growing Woodlots and Forest Land.
Our services are: INDEPENDENT, PROFESSIONAL, TRUSTED.
Irish Forestry, Key Facts:
• Forest trees began recolonising Ireland following the end of the last glacial stage 10,000 years ago. Analysis of pollen from peat bogs illustrates the establishment of forests that once covered 80% of the land surface;
• The area of forest is estimated to be 808,848 ha or 11.6% of the total land area of Ireland (National Forest Inventory 2023);
• Forest cover is estimated to be at its highest level in over 350 years;
• Of the total forest area, 397,364 ha or 49.1% is in public ownership, mainly Coillte1;
• The forest estate is comprised of 69.4% conifers and 30.6% broadleaves;
• Seventy percent of the stocked forest area is less than 30 years of age.